Our Blessings

Our Blessings

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Anointed and Blessed

When my parents arrived with Harlie last night I received several precious things. 1. Hugs and kisses from my precious girl. (It doesn't get any better than that!) 2. Hugs and kisses from my Mommy & Daddy. (Yes, I still need them so much!) 3. Encouragement from my HPC family in the form of a precious prayer cloth.
Right now our family is fighting one of the most difficult battles we have ever faced and the battle is just beginning. We are standing firm in our faith that God is in control. Tonight when I opened the bag with the prayer cloth Vince and I both felt the Spirit and anointing that was there.
We are so blessed to receive a gift like this from our church family. This morning when I woke and couldn't sleep, I began to read the promises in Romans 8. What a powerful chapter start to finish!  When I finished with that chapter I was led to Psalm 139. This is the scripture embroidered on Mac's prayer cloth. Talk about reassuring to a mom who is totally out of control with the situation I am in and leaning on the Lord every step of the way...that is some powerful stuff! I have been praying for this sweet boy for years. Now my prayers are more specific. 
This morning as I sit here in silence praying and believing I want to say thank you to each of you who has already lifted him up in your prayers. Thank you for your words of encouragement. Thank you for standing beside us in believing that ALL things are possible with God. Our son is fearfully and wonderfully made. We rejoice in the blessing that he already is to us and those around us. We can't wait to share the testimony of his healing and rejoice with our healthy baby boy back in the upstate.

No comments:

Post a Comment