Our Blessings

Our Blessings

Friday, January 24, 2014

Four Stockings on the Mantle


As a young woman I always envisioned Christmas morning with two young children waking excitedly on Christmas morning to open their stockings. When I woke up this Christmas morning I saw those four stockings hanging there and realized my dreams had come true. Sometimes little things mean to most. Seeing the four stockings on the mantle this year was a wonderful reminder of the blessings we have received in the past year.
Mac slept in his Grannie's arms, while Harlie opened both of their gifts. Being together at home this Christmas was the best gift Vince and I could have ever received. As we celebrated this holiday together as a family, my thoughts often drifted to the families that were not able to celebrate this season at home with their children. I find myself thinking of this more and more each day. I pray for the other families that are enduring hospital life on a daily basis.
As our little fighter grows stronger and stronger I rejoice and give all honor and glory to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment