Our Blessings

Our Blessings

Monday, May 13, 2013

Perfection

                            

This year I celebrated my 8th year as "Mommy" on Mother’s Day. It is by far the greatest name I have ever been called! I am so blessed to celebrate this Mother’s Day with my favorite girl and anticipation of the arrival of my precious new baby boy! Like most girls, I remember dreaming of having that perfect combination of one boy and one girl. Now that dream is becoming a reality. I am so thankful for that.


This year’s celebration was nothing extravagant, but it was perfection! We usually spend our Sunday of Mother’s Day celebrating our mothers, so my day is celebrated a day early on Saturday. This Saturday morning I awoke to chatter and clanging of pots and pans in the kitchen. When I got out of bed I was met in the doorway with strict instructions to return. As I lay there in my bed I heard the sweet voices of two people who I love more than anything in this world. They were preparing for me a special breakfast in bed. They delivered my breakfast first and then piled up in the bed with me to enjoy our meal together. Our meal ended with ketchup covered eggs on the comforter, but I wouldn’t have had it any other way!


Anyone who knows Harlie knows that projects are one of her favorite pass times. She is just like her daddy. She had spoken with me earlier on Friday about a vision she had for the safari animals from my baby shower centerpieces. She wanted to use cardboard to create a grassland filled with safari animals. We had started on the project Friday when we got home from school, but didn’t get far when Vince came home from work. We had to stop all work on this project because of course it was a surprise. When Vince went outside after breakfast to do a little work in the yard, Harlie and I had couple of hours to complete our surprise project for Daddy. I got to choose the movie we watched while we worked. I chose one of our family favorites, Lilo and Stitch. We cut, colored, and glued until our safari scene was perfection. We were able to include one of each of the safari animals from the centerpieces. After our project was complete we snuggled up in the “big brown chair” to watch the rest of the movie together.


Vince came in from the yard with a proposal for lunch. We decided on McDonald’s chicken nuggets and fries. The nuggets are one of Harlie’s favorites and the fries are one of mine. It was a perfect Mother’s Day lunch. Vince went to pick up lunch and a few items for the evening meal. Harlie and I decided it was time for a pedicure. I did Harlie’s nails while she watched Ninjago. I know, Mac is the luckiest baby brother ever. How many boys can say that their big sister chooses monster trucks, fishing, and Ninjago over Barbie, dance lessons, and Doc McStuffins.


After lunch we played Skip Bo as a family and then Harlie bailed on us for her American Girl horse grooming. That poor horse is not going to have a mane left when she gets it combed to perfection. Then we made labels for her American Girl doll holder. She helped me use the cricket to print a name label for each doll. They now know exactly which spot is theirs on the wall. The next thing on the agenda was not very fun, but it was something I wanted to get done. After rearranging Harlie’s room earlier in the week we had a pile of miscellaneous “Harlie stuff” in the foyer that needed to find a home. She did a great job helping me relocate these items.


Then it was time for supper. Vince had prepared the patio for an evening outside. I enjoyed resting on the swing listening to the birds while Vince and Harlie grilled hamburgers on the grill. They also found sticks for the fire pit which would be used for smore making after dinner. If you ever enjoy smores with the Wilsons one thing you may want to note is that smores at our house do not include graham crackers. They are a messy mix of roasted marshmallows and melty Hershey bars.


After dinner we went inside for family movie night. We watched Iron Man 2 and snacked on popcorn. Harlie loves our TVG that allows her to watch some of the movies that Vince and I enjoy. At bedtime Harlie tucked me in and read me one of my favorite books, The Tale of Three Trees.

As I said before this day was nothing extravagant, but it was perfection! I appreciate my family working so hard to show me that they love me and appreciate me for the role I play in our family. I am blessed. I am blessed. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment