Our Blessings

Our Blessings

Monday, June 24, 2013

Putting, Planning, Peeking, & Praying

Things have been very busy around the Wilson house these past couple of weeks. Last week Harlie attended golf camp at Furman. While Harlie improved her skills on the course I worked on lesson plans for the upcoming school year. Each day we enjoyed lunch with my sweet daddy afterward.
On Tuesday night we had another doctor's appointment and then we went to Baby Impressions for a fun ultrasound to see Baby Mac. At the doctor's office I was reading through my records that I am taking to MUSC tomorrow and noticed that they had my umbilical cord listed as "abnormal." I asked the doctor about this and he said that this is fairly common in conjunction with heart and lung defects. he also said that the only changes they would make in my care is more intensive growth monitoring, which they are already doing now with Mac's heart.
After our doctor's appointment we were able to go straight to Baby Impressions. When we go for ultrasounds at the doctor's office we spend hours looking at his heart beating and measuring everything to be sure that growth is on target. Sometimes our ultrasound ladies will try to sneak a peek at his face before we wrap up. Usually our little guy has his hands covering his face or is tucked in behind the cord. This means no good pictures of our precious little boy's face. After talking with the lady who did our ultrasound about this she worked very hard to catch some beautiful photos of his face. I am so pleased with the images she got. The only bad thing about getting such beautiful images is that they make me long to hold him in my arms even more. I am so ready to bring him home. I know that I must be patient and wait for him to be ready, but it is so difficult to see him and not be able to hold him.
 Tomorrow is our first trip to MUSC. We have an appointment to do another ultrasound to measure and evaluate growth. We will also have a pediatric cardiologist determining our next steps. After the ultrasound we will meet with the pediatric cardiologist to find out what they are seeing and hopefully get more information about when we will need to go back down. We will then meet with the ob doctors down there to establish me as a patient to make things easier when I go back for delivery. After our doctor's appointments we will be meeting with an angel from CrossBridge Family Ministries. This ministry is a ministry that provides the needs of families with children at MUSC. They will be helping our family with housing while we are in Charleston. I am not sure exactly what all this will entail, but it is a huge relief to know that they are there to help us. We look forward to how we will be able to help this ministry in the future.
 We are continuing to pray for healing. I believe that our God can do anything. He created this heart and he knows what it needs better than anyone else. I am anxious about our visit and want to hear what these doctors have to say.
Vince and I both have a peace about this situation that could only come from the Lord. We are also comforted by the many prayers of family, friends, and even strangers. It is a wonderful feeling when I open the mailbox and find a card, note, or letter from someone I don't even know who is lifting Mac and our family up in prayer.
 I will be posting an update tomorrow or Wednesday to share more information about how our visit goes. Thank you for your prayers. We feel them and they are a most precious gift.
He is already sticking his tongue out at us! Boy are we in trouble.

I love this beautiful smile.

The hands are up guarding his face in this one.
 
Look at that foot up there in his face.

That sweet little hand covering his face again!

This little smirk makes me laugh!

1 comment: